Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Features in one view of .idw

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joe_deatley
460 Views, 5 Replies

Hiding Features in one view of .idw

I am trying to hide an extruded cut in one view of my .idw.  I have tried supressing in one view but this does not work. I need to show a before and after of this cut in the same model.  I can not make two models because this is a controlled document.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: joe_deatley

Did you try toggling the visibility of the cut in the browser under that view?

Can you provide an image of what you are seeing?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
joe_deatley
in reply to: Cadmanto

When in the .idw, I do not have the option to toggle the visibility of a feature under the view.  I can see all the features but have no options for visibility.  I am using Inventor 2010. 

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

make it an ipart

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6

Hi joe_deatley,

The most common way to do this currently is to create an iPart as mcgyvr suggests. Be aware however, that this will create multiple part files and a subfolder structure which might or might not be in conflict with your document control.

You might take a moment to visit this link and add a kudo to show your support for the idea of adding level of detail control at the part level:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Level-of-Detail-for-Parts/idi-p/3822718

Note that there are some other workflows described at that link as well, but since you're using Inventor 2010, you will not have access to the View Representation tools in the part file, so don't be confused by that. Those workflows also involve solid bodies as well, and so they might not work for controling all feature types anyway.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

Joe,

I second the notion of creating an ipart factory file.  This appears to be the only way to do this for the time being.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report