Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Lines in IPT

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
donayres
421 Views, 5 Replies

Hide Lines in IPT

I like to export IPT images (Wireframes with Visible Edges Only) to documents and manuals, but I would like to hide lines where radii meet flat planar features in order to keep the image clean.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: donayres

The ONLY way that I know of is to drop that part into a drawing and then hide the lines you don't want..

It should give you exactly what you want..

There is no other way that I know of..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
donayres
in reply to: mcgyvr

But the part can't be manipulated from different views when in an IDW, can it?

Message 4 of 6
blair

You have the options of Front, Top, Bottom and so on. If you can't find one of the predefined views, then rotate the object till you get the orientation you wish, and set the View-Cube as to that view.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

Any view you can do in the ipt can be done in the idw..
When placing the base view see the button right under the preset view in the orientation section..(right next to the Projection icons..
Hit that button that says its "Change view orientation".. That will pop you into the ipt file and then you set whatever view angle you want and voila.. like magic..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
donayres
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you both!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report