Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
nstalker
Message 1 of 1 (85 Views)

Help with creating a parametric factory asset

85 Views, 0 Replies
09-25-2013 12:39 PM

Hello,

I created this asset and shared it in the factory warehouse.

http://factorywarehouse.autodesk.com/Home#/Assets/Details?assetId=9e5ff301-795e-4662-990b-d08ae0b789...

It's a small frame on casters that I can change the overall length and width by editing parameters.  It works well for what I need it to do.

My next step is to create a Creform frame on top of it that expands with the frame as I edit the Length and Width parameters.  It seemed to be working up to a point.  I had a skeleton on it and it grew with the model.  But then as I added detail and edited the Length and Width parameters the detail started moving out into space and being disconnected from the frame.

I thought maybe it was because the frame was not centered on the origin.  So I did a move body and moved the frame to be centered and then started rebuilding the Creform frame on top using the Length and Width parameters to guarantee that it changed proportionate to the frame.  However it still ended up jumping all over the place.

Is there any way to update the origin of this frame that I have already created?  I could just start from scratch again but I was hoping there might be some tips and tricks that I was not aware of to help make this work before going back to the drawing board.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube