Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
rdiamond113
Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)

Help with a pattern controlled with iLogic

155 Views, 3 Replies
01-08-2013 02:16 PM

Hello Inventors, 

I have an issue that I need help on and that is I have a pattern of holes (exactly 3) on an object and when the object height changes so does the pattern base on height. My issue is that i need to create a rule or code that ensures that apart from the first hole (which is fixed), the remaining two holes are at a location that is divisible by 6. The reason being that this is a sheet metal part and our punch press has a template for aligning punches at every 6 IN. We are using iLogic to automate some of our designs and the code is needed to eliminate having to worry if the punches are at the correct location for faster production. I have raked my brain over this one, if anyone has help on this it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Inventor 2014, Windows 7, 64 bit

"Pushing the envelope, just to watch it bend"
Employee
Yijiang.Cai
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

Re: Help with a pattern controlled with iLogic

01-08-2013 09:20 PM in reply to: rdiamond113

If you could provide one image or model for more details about your concern, it should be more helpful for us to investigate it.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
rdiamond113
Message 3 of 4 (137 Views)

01-08-2013 10:01 PM in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

Just imagine a piece of flat stock steel that is "X" by "Y", and I have a pattern running along the "Y" distance. The starting point in the pattern is fixed at 6" from the edge of the flat stock. I will have iLogic code adjusting the pattern but my issue is that when the spacing is determined, the location of the remaining points in the pattern have to be a multiple of 6

Inventor 2014, Windows 7, 64 bit

"Pushing the envelope, just to watch it bend"
Employee
Yijiang.Cai
Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)

01-08-2013 10:38 PM in reply to: rdiamond113

Based on the details from you, I created one part with iLogic rule. Please take a look. And you could update the parameters "Height", "Gap" and "Space" for more result.

Hope it helpful for you!

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube