Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Modeling

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
amd
Contributor
756 Views, 12 Replies

Help in Modeling

HI All,

I need to develop the Inventor part based on the autocad drawing. Its a slide used for kids playground.

Please let me know asap.

Please find the drawing as the Attachment

best rgds

Mdasif

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
markc-uk
in reply to: amd

Mdasif,

This is a very simple task in Inventor. You will need to seperate out, in AutoCAD, your profile and your path into seperate .dwgs. Create a new part file in Inventor and, in your sketch, import the AutoCAD linework for the profile. Exit sketch, then create another new sketch (using the relevant plane) and repeat for the path.

Use the sweep feature to create your slide, using the 2 sketches created above.

However, you will have lots of problems. Your AutoCAD linework is very, very poor. Lots of lines sitting on top of each other, line endpoints that are not coincident. Inventor will hate all this lazy geometry and will refuse to cooperate.

Tidy up your AutoCAD linework first!

Regards,

MarkC

Message 3 of 13
amd
Contributor

Hi marc,

thats wher i am facing problem to develop,

trying the way that u have mentioned but the results are not accurate.

wil try once again. Is there any other way ?

thanks & regards

Md.Asif

Message 4 of 13
JDMather

That looks like a pretty easy desing - can you attach your Inventor ipt file of what you have attempted so far?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 13
amd
Contributor

hi

attached is the ipt file

rgds

asif

Message 6 of 13
JDMather

Skech1 is not constrained

you might start here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

I would put the sketch at the origin and do the Extrude midplane (use symmetry to your advantage).

I would probably not use the Delete Faces - looks like Shell would get you there.

Maybe combine some fillets - I'll try to take a closer look relative to the AutoCAD file when I get a chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 13
KFrankenberger
in reply to: JDMather

Hi, I am trying to get a .step part that I have saved in Inventor 2011 to show up in my assy dwg file.  The bases and other items are showing up, just not my imported .step compressor block.  I am attaching a pic of my screen with the part file of the compressor .step part showing. It appears it is a composite surface, but I don't know how to change that or do anything to it. 

Thnx

Message 8 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: KFrankenberger

Why did you post in this unrelated thread rather than starting a new thread?
In the drawing right click on the Composite and set to Include/

Message 9 of 13
KFrankenberger

ok, i know I wasn't supposed to comment on a thread that i didn't start if it was unrelated, but i needed an answer and i already found you to be very helpful in the past!

I can't click on the composite in my dwg file because it is not showing up...just the base frames that i need to bolt the compressor block to are showing up...

Message 10 of 13
JDMather

Somewhere in the written documentation with this there are screen captures of the setting

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3056

Bottom of page 30 (looks slightly different in 2011 and 2012) - you have to expand the part node to see the surface node.

Message 11 of 13
KFrankenberger

hi again,

i am a memeber of the student community and the autodesk community. Don't know why but I can't log onto the web site you indicated and i tried to sign up for it and it won't let me submit my info!

Message 12 of 13
JDMather

Autodesk is supposed to have a single login now - but my username and login on that site is different than this site or the student community. Try creating a new account on the AU site.

Here is a picture from the page

Include.png

Message 13 of 13

Yay! My co-worker Ben figured it out.  We opened the dwg file and expanded the view in the browser tree and then right clicked on the part that wasn't visible and then checked the box next to "Include all surfaces".

Thanks for answering me back so fast anyway!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report