Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With concent center for other machines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jonnybmcfarland
564 Views, 4 Replies

Help With concent center for other machines

Can someone help me here please.

I currently have a student version of inventor 2013 on my desktop pc. Ive created a complete project, which ive then transfered to as newly installed version of 2014 on my laptop for when im away from my pc.

Now when I load the assembly up, it wont load the content center files such as the screws. Now these are just basic default content center parts, I can access the content center on my laptop if i create a new assembly, but its asking where the parts are on my laptop. Now I understand, the concent center I access through assembly is just a database, and the parts arnt actually installed on my system unless I place the part into an assembly.

now my content center files are located at the default "...\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files". I understand I can just copy them from pc desktop pc to in there, but why is it not that inventor would insert these files from the default database into this folder automatically based on the names, to allow me to use them? Is it the norm that you usually change, when you create a project, the content center file location to one that is in the same folder as the actual project so everything is together? what if i was to use custom parts from a content center that, this project was then opened on another system that didnt have the same file in its content center?

what happens if I send it to someone who uses a content center from vault, rather than standalone? would this still try and look for the content center files as if it was on a standalone setup?

Also, if it is just the case of the norm being people generally just have all the database saved on their system in the folder "...\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files", how do i go about doing this? I really cant figure it out, Ive read about ADMS, which I believe is the autodesk vault server, which I have tried to install but I get an error due to having a home edition of windows 7.
Now I could try installing it onto my desktop pc, which has the ultimate edition of windows 7, and set up a vault server on that machine for them to share? but this all seems tedious and stupid in this day and age, when the software itself just recognise the screws are from a default content center and place them in auto..

Am I doing something drastically wrong here? Please help

I just want to be able to share the same file amongst my pc and laptop, aswell as in the near future, send the files to my company manager to see but im sure they will be using a vault, and im worried errors will come up when viewing my assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yannick3
in reply to: jonnybmcfarland

Hi

the best is setup CC parts with dropbox.

create dropbox account and copy all the cc parts in a folder and after go to project file and setup folder option to point it on dropbox folder

Important thing, your two projects on your pc and laptop have the same folder options setup

you can setup template and style in the dropbox. Dropnox will automaticly synchronize your folder

see picture

https://www.dropbox.com/

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for the help. Using cloud is a good sugestion to my problem, with laptop and pc sharing.. but will my projects open if i sent them to somebody else, say like my workplace who would most probably have the default files stored on a vault server. would my assembly come up with errors?

is it also possible to download the full cache of content center parts so that I have them all there rather than just the ones that i've used?

Message 4 of 5
yannick3
in reply to: jonnybmcfarland

Hi

i suggest to use pack and go to send the entire assembly to your customer with all of the parts and drawings

To find the command RMB to top assembly.  see pictures

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 5 of 5
krisd
in reply to: yannick3

Same 'kind' of problem really, can I load Autodesk Inventor 2013 content centre on mystand alone pc? if so how please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report