Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else had this problem? I feel it might be an easy fix.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ccudney3
250 Views, 3 Replies

Has anybody else had this problem? I feel it might be an easy fix.

So recently every time I start drawing in inventor 2014, I've been getting this error (attached image) after my screen goes black, and then afterwards I have to close inventor and restart. Happens very often now, and did not happen before. I don't know what changed so that this now happens, but I cannot figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I DID uninstall and redownload inventor when it happened. Tried updating what I know to update, but I could have easily missed something.)

*Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question*

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: ccudney3

@ccudney3 wrote:

.... (I DID uninstall and redownload inventor when it happened. ...

Why does everybody do this first..... ...and then ask questions?

I don't think this has anything to do with Inventor itself - this is a graphics card/driver problem.

Your graphics card could be going bad or overheating.

Have you installed the latest driver for your graphics card?

In Inventor - try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and select the last setting in the list - if that takes care of the problem, try working your way up the list.

Is this a notebook computer or a desktop?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
ccudney3
in reply to: JDMather

The re-install is the first instinct for those who aren't great with troubleshooting (like myself here haha). I'll try to check on my drivers again, I did find a yeild sign on one of them, I just am not sure what to do exactly about it. I'm updating it and just got C Cleaner to try to see if the two of these help at all. 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: ccudney3

When you get it all figured out - Make a Windows Restore Point.

I do that before installing any software and directly after the install and verification that all is working as expected.

So I have a before and after Restore Point for all my software installs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report