Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Forms in network

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dodrain
3781 Views, 4 Replies

Global Forms in network

What do i have to do that when i make a Global Form , with external Rules, my collegues can use these Global Forms and external Rules?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: dodrain

I only know a partial answer to this-- external rules can be saved to a network location, and that location must be included in the iLogic configuration search paths.  The search paths are set by opening the iLogic Configuration tool (Tools tab, Options panel, may be hidden in the drop-down).  I don't recall where these search paths are stored, but I believe that it's in your local user profile, so each user will need to set these, unless you track down where they're stored and copy the configuration to other computers/accounts.

I have no idea where global forms are stored-- I asked in this forum, but got no answer.  However, I'm using one for an iLogic external rule, and it works on other computers.  Still a mystery how it works, since I can't find where it's stored, but it works....

Message 3 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: SBix26

I discovered where the iLogic configuration settings are stored, at least on my XP system: <user>\Local Settings\Autodesk,_Inc\DefaultDomain_Path_<string of gibberish>\Autodesk®_Inventor®_2011\user.config.  There are seperate DefaultDomain_Path_<gibberish> folders for 2011 & 2012.  The user.config file contains all settings for iLogic, including the locations, sizes and states of all iLogic dialog boxes, and also the location(s) for external rules.  I still have no idea where the global forms are stored.

Message 4 of 5
MjDeck
in reply to: SBix26

The Global Forms are stored in a subfolder of your Design Data folder.  If you right click on the backgound of the Global Forms tab, there is an Open Containing Folder command available.

GlobalFormsOpenFolder.png

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: MjDeck

Mike, thanks for resolving that mystery for me!  I couldn't figure out how that global form was "automatically" available to all users; it now makes sense, since we share a common Design Data folder on the network.  It would be nice if External Rules would default to that location also, so we wouldn't have to individually configure that search path for everyone's login.

For Dodrain (OP), it appears that you have to have a shared Design Data folder on your network, or, if you have individual Design Data folders per project, that you copy the \iLogic\UI\ folder to each new Design Data folder you create.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report