Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting isometric drawing from pipe model

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
mmbguide
43108 Views, 16 Replies

Getting isometric drawing from pipe model

hi

how can i create an isometric drawing from pipe moldel.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Cadmanto
in reply to: mmbguide

If you are talking about a view in a drawing you can place your view and while you are in the "Drawing View"

dialog window you can select this command to orientate your model to get the correct view you need.

view.JPG

If this isn't what you are tlaking about then a little more detail would help.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 17
mmbguide
in reply to: Cadmanto

please visiti this address

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/isometrics/

sample.png

i want to get out put from inventor like this sample. but how? 

Message 4 of 17
mmbguide

please help me that's urgent

Message 5 of 17
Cadmanto

It is hard to see the image, but from what I can make out it looks like all you are trying to do is

make an isometric view.  If that is the case then use the button I showed you in my last posting

and it will then lead you to your model where you will spin the model to the orientation you want.

then when you select done, that orientation will be represented on your drawing.

I couldn't tell if it was exploded.  If you need to do that then you will need to create an .ipn file.

Take a look at this link.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Exploded-Views/td-p/3309155

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 17
mflayler2

Inventor will export a PCF file, but it will not create the piping isometric (not the same as what some drafters consider an isometric view).

In Inventor you will have to use traditional drafting tools to get your isometric, there is no magic piping ISO button.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 17
mflayler2
in reply to: mflayler2

You can take your PCF to that labs technology though and it will load it up.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 8 of 17
mflayler2
in reply to: mflayler2

Activate a Tube & Pipe Assembly and then use ISOGEN output.

ISO PCF output.png

Message 9 of 17
mmbguide
in reply to: Cadmanto

i mean this kind of output for workshop use

Isometric 1.jpg

Isometric 3.jpg 

Message 10 of 17
mflayler2

If you tried the PCF output from Inventor and then put it through the Online WS converter and that was not enough for you then you are out of luck.  You will need to use a different program to complete the piping isometrics that you want or do some tedious work in Inventor.

Message 11 of 17
mmbguide

hello inventor's expert

after 2 years no solution inside inventor? no add-ons for this purpose? Where are you autodesk inventor's engineers? i want do my project entirely just with Inventor? ....?....?

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 17
dgorsman

I just don't see it as being high priority in the Inventor world, especially when there are many dedicated piping design programs out there which already do this through ISOGEN or otherwise (including Plant3D).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 13 of 17
LT.Rusty
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

I just don't see it as being high priority in the Inventor world, especially when there are many dedicated piping design programs out there which already do this through ISOGEN or otherwise (including Plant3D).

Good luck trying to get Inventor's output into Plant3D in a format that will actually allow you to get a piping ISO out of it.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 14 of 17
dgorsman
in reply to: LT.Rusty

I'd kick it out to PCF first (well, likely a more useable intermediate content in XML which would then be transformed to PCF via an XSL stylesheet).  Most piping components are highly standardized so getting from 'A' to 'B' wouldn't be too hard.  That would allow the isometrics to be managed with Intergraph or other construction-oriented isometric management software without Plant3D or other software in the way.

But given the choice Inventor would be used for the mechanical and electrical equipment with dedicated piping design software for the piping.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 15 of 17
marijan.grgic
in reply to: dgorsman

SO? Still no solution?
I extract pcf and import into plant 3d and pipe is in many pieces.
Message 16 of 17

Hello,

I have prepared piping model drawing in inventor, kindly help me to generate isometric drawing. But i have not prepared this drawing in tube & pipe model.

Message 17 of 17

Hi! If you are on 2018.1 or later releases, you can add assembly level 3D annotation (Annotate tab). Then you can retrieve it in the drawing. Is this something helpful to your case?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report