Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General ilogic parts best practice

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
nick
246 Views, 0 Replies

General ilogic parts best practice

Hello,

I am after some general help / usage with iLogic parts, I am ok at creating them but they don't seem to behave quite as nicely in their usage as I would like, unless I am doing something wrong.

I have, in the past used iParts and they appear to behave very nicely with vault and vault's auto drawing numbers.

Created iParts are put in separate directory of the same name as the parent iPart - that is great!

I had to change to iLogic parts for, some things, as I was hiding various features, the ilogic works great and I can save my new part as say PART0001.ipt

I can then create a new assembly and insert an iLogic part, inventor creates it ok, though not in as nice a way as with iParts, so it may create PART0002.ipt.

Now if I decide that the original part needs to be changed, ie PART0001.ipt, as I missed a hole off. Part0002 isn't updated (as would be the case with an iPart) as there appears to be no link between the two parts. I currently have to do some messy copying files to get Part002 to update.

The question is really: Am i doing something fundamentally wrong with my work flow? As it doesn't seem as efficient as it could be given the power of Inventor with its iParts.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report