Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fundamental change of geometry near the end of a project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mxb225
379 Views, 2 Replies

Fundamental change of geometry near the end of a project

I am designing a vacuum part in Autodesk Inventor, which is essentially a long cuboid shape with various valves and spaces for windows along it's length (see attached pic). Upon finishing the design of this part, a few details need to be changed - one being the fundamental shape of the object. It now needs to be a larger square section attached to a long cuboid section (as I found out the valves on the right hand side of the drawing are around double the size they are in this drawing). Rather than restart the project from scratch, I would like to only modify one of the ends to be extruded out into a square shape, or something like that. My first idea was to use the split command in order to split the faces into what I did and didn't want to change, but upon starting this, I don't think this is the best way. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mxb225
in reply to: mxb225

In the end I chose to split the model and begin some new sketches and extrusions on this part, which worked fine after some initial material hurdles.

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: mxb225

Tip for posting images in the forum-- don't use bit maps, they're enormous.  Use .jpg or .png formats instead (Windows Paint can make the conversion, as well as most other image processing apps).

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report