Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From fusión 360 to inventor

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
iegia
5305 Views, 7 Replies

From fusión 360 to inventor

Can I open a fusión 360 file (f3d) in Inventor?. What is the best way to export from fusión 360 to Inventor.

Thank in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: iegia

Hi!

In Fusion, convert the file to step, and then open it in inventor.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 8
schneik-adsk
in reply to: iegia

From fusion 360 dashboard locate your design. Then choose export. Select inventor. A zip file is created with ipt and iam data from your design.
Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Kevin,

I have not tried this, but once the part is in Inventor, does it show up as a base solid?

If the part is edited in Inventor, if we need to edit later, do we export to step to get it back to Fusion or is there another way?

Kirk

Message 5 of 8
schneik-adsk
in reply to: karthur1

Yes the parts will be base bodies in inventor.

To bring changes back to fusion 360: Go back to the design in the dashboard (not the exported zip) and on the versions tab upload a new version. Select the iam of the changed design. Uploading a new version allows you to keep a single version history of your changes.
Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Kevin,

I was able to get it to Inventor and make an edit.  Then going back to Fusion, I uploaded a new version.  Now I want to open this new version in Fusion.  Don't see a way to open the new version.  I can preview it, just can't open it in F360.

Kirk

2014-01-29_1516.png

Message 7 of 8
schneik-adsk
in reply to: karthur1

im guessing that you created a new version of the exported data (stored as an ipt oar a zip if you exported an assembly).
we needed to upload a new version to the original design.

I understand that this more confusing than it should be... here is what is going on.
you have a design in the dashboard. It might be a part or a big assembly. You want it in inventor or some other format so you export it.
It might take a few seconds to a few minutes for the server to do the translation. We dont want to tie up your session so we do this server translation a-synchronously in the background. But we have to put the results somewhere... so a new file is created in your dashboard that stores the result of the export that you can download at your leisure ( or you can share it and not give away access to primary design data). Often i export, download then delete the export result from the dashboard since it could be seen as just a temporary file.

You can easily recognize these non design files in the dashboard because they have limited actions on them. Can you check and see if it's possible you uploaded a new version to the exported data, not the native design?

thanks for your patience.

Kevin Schneider
Message 8 of 8

Hello...!

Thank you for your tip. It really worked and I made what I needed.

My best regards from Portugal:

João Carvalho.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report