Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing problem

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
jkhoylman
2741 Views, 46 Replies

Freezing problem

I recently installed Inventor on a laptop running Windows Vista, with service pack 2, 4 gb of ram. I tried to use it, but first of all, it is deathly slow, but mostly, every time I make a new part, and go to make a 2D sketch, it freezes just as the work planes appear. I have tried every thing that would have pointed to a ram issue, I have set the rendering to rough, and the quality to performance. I have even tried partitioning 3 gb of windows ready boost on a flash drive (this only led to about a 512 mb increase in actual ram). A ram issue is about the only thing I really know how to fix when something keeps freezing. I have experience with using Inventor on Mac Minis running boot camp and XP, but I am more of a mechanical guy, so am kind of at my wit's end. Can anyone help me???
46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47
jkhoylman
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Sorry, its been a while.

It works without Compatibilty, and it worked with Performance and software graphics.

Message 42 of 47
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jkhoylman

Hi! Based on your reply, it does seem like the graphics driver on your machine is not working well with Inventor. It is hard to tell where the exact problem is without seeing a reproducible case. Have you updated the graphics driver?Regardless, at least Permance + Software graphics works for you.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 43 of 47
jkhoylman
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I haven't tried it without the graphics box checked, but I will.  I'll look into updating my driver.  I'm going to the FRC championships in St. Louis, so I'll show it to the people at the Autodesk booth there, so you guys can have some direct data, and can use it to make Inventor even better.

Message 44 of 47
1CONCANNON
in reply to: jkhoylman

Soory to but in yourblog but you gys seem to know your stuff.  I am running autucad 2015 and it keeps freezing after modify commands.  this is happening both on my personal brand new PC and the network computer at the college I teach...any ideas on a fixit!!

Message 45 of 47
JDMather
in reply to: 1CONCANNON

@1CONCANNON wrote:

.... I am running autucad 2015....!!

This is the Inventor forum - not AutoCAD.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/autocad-2015-freezes-after-modify-command-click...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 46 of 47
ntandodube23
in reply to: JDMather

where do i get the lowest setting option i cant even find the option
Message 47 of 47
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ntandodube23

Hi! Go to Tools -> App Options -> Hardware -> Conservative mode.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report