Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Framegenerator Error. Useless - powerfull framegenerator tool.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kbo
Advocate
317 Views, 2 Replies

Framegenerator Error. Useless - powerfull framegenerator tool.

Autodesk please look into this framegenarator tool. It does not work.

se attached document.

regards Kent boettger

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: kbo

I'm not sure I understand the weight problem.  Your PDF shows that the physical properties need to be updated for that assembly.  If you click the Update button on the dialog box you show in your screenshot, do you not get a weight?

If so, is this a 2014-specific bug?  I'm on 2013, just checked one of my assemblies and I can get the weight from it with no problems.

Message 3 of 3
pcrawley
in reply to: kbo

I've read the PDF too, and everything in it is wrong.

As far as I can see, you say an assembly containing an FG subassembly doesn't have a mass.  See your first screen shot.  Press "Update" in the Physical tab of the iProperties dialog box and just like any other assembly, it'll give you the mass.

Your next statement about replacing the part template looks more like your mis-understanding of FG rather than any bug.  Put the original part template back in the CC family member, create a new FG assembly, then just add ITEM QTY to your BOM.  For FG parts in a BOM, use QTY for individual cut length and ITEM QTY for the count of identical members.

Suggest you get some training, and next time you are tempted to post anything, ask a question - don't make a statement.  If you make statements like this and you are wrong, it does not do your credibility any good at all.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report