Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator not respect material

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Lubo-PT
2428 Views, 3 Replies

Frame Generator not respect material

A nice day to everybody,

I made a new rows in family table of my custom library, because use various material for beam. (By means Material Guide) Everything is working properly, but not in environment of Frame Generator.

When I insert some beam with first material, everything is OK.

Then I insert the same beam, but with other material, FG respect this my selection, but for mass calculation he use generic material with density 1g/ccm. In Parts List I can see for example stainless steel AISI 304 - it is correct, but mass is incorrect.

Can somebody tell me what I have to do?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swhite
in reply to: Lubo-PT

By default Inventor gives the net weight of parts, not gross weight, which shops hate so we are currently adding gross weight calculations to all the FG componetnts. If you added your materials to inventor yourself you will need to also add the proper weight calcs for that material or it will default to its basic material. Am at home today so cant include any screenshots, but will add tomorrow if this isnt answered by then by someone else.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Lubo-PT
in reply to: swhite

Hi swhite,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly...

1) I do not want gross weight, I want net weight.

2) I normally made new rows in family table by Material Guide (INV 2013) (because I need beams made of steel and stainless steel also)

3) in assembly environment everything works properly. If I insert beam made of steel  with density 7,68g/ccm, inserted part have adequate weight (net weight). If I insert the same beam, but made of SS with density for example 8 g/ccm, inserted part have another weight, but proper, adequate to density.

4) but if I insert/generate above two beams by Frame Generator, first beam has correct weight and the second incorrect.

Message 4 of 4
Lubo-PT
in reply to: Lubo-PT

Hi guys,

it looks that I solved problem. Now FG respect my material necessity. Problem was in Inventor material Library. The alternative material I selected was in Library categorized as "Uncategorised" or "Misc". I change it to "Metal/steel" and problem with incorrect weight disappeared.

ThanksSmiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report