Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator lost connection to sketch

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
CHRISTH
3474 Views, 12 Replies

Frame Generator lost connection to sketch

Good day.

I have created a frame using frame generator. I did so by creating a sketch in a (dumb) part outlining where i want the steels to go etc. I then added the steels and some bolted connections etc. i did this back in Jan.

Today i need to edit the frame and have reopened the model to find that the connection between my definition sketch and the 'skeleton' has been lost and the frame is displayed wrong.

Is there a way to reconnect the skeleton and my sketch so i don’t have to redraw the model?

W7 64 xeon X5600 8Gig NAVIDA

Chris

iv12(sp2) w7(6.1 SP1) 16gb ram NIVIDA
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: CHRISTH
Message 3 of 13
Cadmanto

Chris TH.

What version are you running?

Are you using Vault at all?

Like Chris B. suggested, seeing an image of your browser would help.  I would like to see this sketch in the browser of your assembly.  Because that is where is needs to be.

Can you locate this sketch on your local drive?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 13
CHRISTH

thanks for the replies.

Here is am image:

the yellow lines are the sketch (214-24-skl) after isome of its dims have been changed, as you can see the frame hasnt updated to the new sizes.

iv12 sp2

we done use vault, we use meridian.

Message 6 of 13
swhite

Not to address the problem, but notice your verticle corner legs are not perfectly verticle, the bottoms seem jaggy as if a sketch is at an angle, is this intentional? I do always ground my sketches now, found out the hard way they can be moved in an assembly if accidently constrain the wrong part. have never had your problem occurr, so don't know the answer, just seeing if the corner legs are supposed to be off from tru verticle or if you just didnt notice.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 7 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: swhite

@SWhite wrote:

Not to address the problem, but notice your verticle corner legs are not perfectly verticle, the bottoms seem jaggy as if a sketch is at an angle, is this intentional? I do always ground my sketches now, found out the hard way they can be moved in an assembly if accidently constrain the wrong part. have never had your problem occurr, so don't know the answer, just seeing if the corner legs are supposed to be off from tru verticle or if you just didnt notice.

Looks like a screen resolution issue to me, the bottom sketch does appear to be constrained and the rest projected from it.  View is probably just not sitting right on the corner of the view cube.

Message 8 of 13
Cadmanto
in reply to: swhite

I think that is either a graphics issue or an opticle illusion.

I wonder what happens if the sketch gets edited within the assembly does it update.

With all of this aside, I agree that the rebuild all might help you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 13
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto
Message 10 of 13
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi CHRISTH,

I suspect the rebuild all suggestions will help, but in just in case that doesn't do it, see this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Frame-Generator-Will-not-Update/m-p/3001680#M400589

In particular see  the information about the grounded status and the rebuild all.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 11 of 13
CHRISTH

That got it... I was fighting with teh llittle update button. Didn't try the 'hard core' update. Thanks.

Message 12 of 13
SPPatil
in reply to: cbenner

Hi Chris,

Thanks you very much for your support.

@cbenner wrote:

Try Manage \ Rebuild All

Thanks & Regards,
SP
Message 13 of 13
iUser
in reply to: cbenner

I tried Manage -> Rebuild, didn't work. So I restarted my pc, then manage and rebuild all and it worked. So happy!!!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report