Contributor
CHRISTH
Message 1 of 11 (366 Views)
Accepted Solution

Frame Generator lost connection to sketch

366 Views, 10 Replies
05-13-2013 02:32 AM

Good day.

I have created a frame using frame generator. I did so by creating a sketch in a (dumb) part outlining where i want the steels to go etc. I then added the steels and some bolted connections etc. i did this back in Jan.

Today i need to edit the frame and have reopened the model to find that the connection between my definition sketch and the 'skeleton' has been lost and the frame is displayed wrong.

Is there a way to reconnect the skeleton and my sketch so i don’t have to redraw the model?

W7 64 xeon X5600 8Gig NAVIDA

Chris

iv12(sp2) w7(6.1 SP1) 16gb ram NIVIDA
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 11 (350 Views)

Re: Frame Generator lost connection to sketch

05-13-2013 08:14 AM in reply to: CHRISTH

Can you post your files, or a screen shot showing the model tree so I can see a little more of your workflow?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 3 of 11 (346 Views)

05-13-2013 08:21 AM in reply to: CHRISTH

Chris TH.

What version are you running?

Are you using Vault at all?

Like Chris B. suggested, seeing an image of your browser would help.  I would like to see this sketch in the browser of your assembly.  Because that is where is needs to be.

Can you locate this sketch on your local drive?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Contributor
CHRISTH
Message 4 of 11 (341 Views)

05-13-2013 08:35 AM in reply to: CHRISTH

thanks for the replies.

Here is am image:

the yellow lines are the sketch (214-24-skl) after isome of its dims have been changed, as you can see the frame hasnt updated to the new sizes.

iv12 sp2

we done use vault, we use meridian.

iv12(sp2) w7(6.1 SP1) 16gb ram NIVIDA
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 5 of 11 (330 Views)

05-13-2013 09:23 AM in reply to: CHRISTH

Try Manage \ Rebuild All

ChrisB

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Mentor
swhite
Message 6 of 11 (328 Views)

05-13-2013 09:26 AM in reply to: CHRISTH

Not to address the problem, but notice your verticle corner legs are not perfectly verticle, the bottoms seem jaggy as if a sketch is at an angle, is this intentional? I do always ground my sketches now, found out the hard way they can be moved in an assembly if accidently constrain the wrong part. have never had your problem occurr, so don't know the answer, just seeing if the corner legs are supposed to be off from tru verticle or if you just didnt notice.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 7 of 11 (318 Views)

05-13-2013 09:33 AM in reply to: swhite

swhite wrote:

Not to address the problem, but notice your verticle corner legs are not perfectly verticle, the bottoms seem jaggy as if a sketch is at an angle, is this intentional? I do always ground my sketches now, found out the hard way they can be moved in an assembly if accidently constrain the wrong part. have never had your problem occurr, so don't know the answer, just seeing if the corner legs are supposed to be off from tru verticle or if you just didnt notice.

Looks like a screen resolution issue to me, the bottom sketch does appear to be constrained and the rest projected from it.  View is probably just not sitting right on the corner of the view cube.

ChrisB

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 8 of 11 (313 Views)

05-13-2013 09:59 AM in reply to: swhite

I think that is either a graphics issue or an opticle illusion.

I wonder what happens if the sketch gets edited within the assembly does it update.

With all of this aside, I agree that the rebuild all might help you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 9 of 11 (308 Views)

05-13-2013 10:05 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

I've seen this before, a "Rebuild All" usually forces the frame to update to the sketch changes.  It's really not that uncommon.

ChrisB

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 10 of 11 (305 Views)

05-13-2013 10:10 AM in reply to: CHRISTH

Hi CHRISTH,

I suspect the rebuild all suggestions will help, but in just in case that doesn't do it, see this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Frame-Generator-Will-not-Update/m-p/3001680#M400589

In particular see  the information about the grounded status and the rebuild all.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube