Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator changes my base QTY

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tegstette
467 Views, 4 Replies

Frame Generator changes my base QTY

I have replaced my templates in Content Center with an ipt with Base Qty set to Each, because this is how our pdm/erp-system needs it.

When placing a profile by "Place from Content Center" or "Open from Content Center" Quantity gets the correct Base QTY = Each Just how I want it.

But when using Frame Generator Inventor "changes" the Base QTY (from the family template) back to Millimeter (G_L)???!Smiley Surprised

Is this a known issue? And do someone know a solution or a fix for this?

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tegstette
in reply to: tegstette

Just to clearify: When using the FG the generated members/profiles in my assembly gets Base QTY set to millimeter even though the famlily template has Base QTY set to Each.

I noticed the way i wrote it that is could be understood as the familly template itself was changed back from each to millimeter, but this was not what I meant. The famliy template is still Each... And when using Open from CC or Place from CC the members gets Base QTY to Each. It is only for FG that the profiles gets base unit set to Millimeter...

I suspect that this must be overwriten by the FG, because all our other templates (standard.ipt, etc) is set to Each as well...

Really hope there is a good solution for this, because the BOM in Itemmaster will become useless for us this way with mix of units...Smiley Sad

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
Message 3 of 5

Hello TG,

maybe you could have a look at this solution:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/07/change-the-base-quantity-for-structural-sh...

Hope that can help you.

Best Regards

Please, hit the Accept as Solution button if my post answers your question.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 4 of 5
tyas.swinnen
in reply to: tegstette

This is still an issue in INV2022.

Or is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tyas.swinnen

Hi Tyas,

If possible, please share an example that exhibits the behavior. I would like to understand the Frame Gen Base QTY issue better. It is either a bug or a limitation.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report