Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator & Welding Assembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
VDNico
928 Views, 3 Replies

Frame Generator & Welding Assembly

Greetings,

I'm currently drawing a frame for a gate with the frame generator, it went very smooth untill now.

Afther the basic frame was done I converted the assembly to weldment and added all the preparations/welds.

But now I need to change a couple of dimensions (trough an excel) to compensate changed parts and my fame doesn't adapt anymore.

Only thing that seems to work is deleting the specific section and redoing the welding but it still doesn't addapt aftherwords.

Is this something I did with settings or is this normal? Is there a way arround this so you can have weldments on an adaptive frame?

Kind Regards,

Nico Van Donick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: VDNico

I have never converted a Frame to a Weldment, but something tells me that doing so, you would lose the Frame Generator functionality... as you probably suspected by now.  This might be a good enhancement request for the Idea Station, the ability to have weldments within the FG environment.

Message 3 of 4
brendan.henderson
in reply to: VDNico

I'm on 2013 and I'm not seeing this behaviour, although I'm not using an Excel driven frame. I'm using a standard sketch. After making the frame and applying the members, I convert to Weldment (I did pick Normal instead of Inseperable) and applied welds. I exit Weldment, edited the frame sketch to change lengths and returned to the assy file. It updated no problems. I can enter Weldment again and apply more welds. I can change Frame Members to other sizes and they update along with the welds.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 4
VDNico
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Cheers for the replies,

I managed to find my "problem" or solution afther going trough some treads here.

My skeleton sketch ( the part file not the Frame Reference Model) was grounded and even tough it hasn't been a problem in the past, it was now for some reason.

Ungrounding this part made the welded assembly update again.

Just some side info/ideas: (Inventor 2014)

Maybe this occurs when you delete parts of the frame?

Or when you create holes in the frame?

I did both so unclear if these have any effect in the long term.

BOM was also set to normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report