Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator Materials / Appearance Question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
SteveFrey
331 Views, 1 Reply

Frame Generator Materials / Appearance Question

I recently went into the editor in the content center tab and right clicked and selected the Family Table on one of my custom shapes I use in the frame generator.  So now when I use this member in a model it appears in the default architectural bronze color where I want it to appear as satin brass.  I can select the appearance and change it to satin brass.  Is there a way for it to default to the architectural bronze material with the satin brass appearance? 

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: SteveFrey

Did you set this with Material, mapped to Project.Material?  If so, I wonder what would happen if you added a column for color, and mapped it to Member.Color?  I've not tried this yet, but I wonder if it would override the material color... short of actually modifying the material appearance in the appearance editor.

If I get time I'll try this this afternoon and report back.

EDIT:

This will in fact override the default color material in your family table, without changing it in the material style.  I tried it on a piece of angle set to High Strength Low Alloy steel, added a column for color mapped as described above, and just set it to red for testing.  Sure enough when I placed a piece of that angle it came in red, with the material iproperty stell set to HSLA steel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report