Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Analysis error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tom.rummens
509 Views, 4 Replies

Frame Analysis error

Hi,

Everytime I try to use the frame analysis tool I get a strange error.

In the attachments you can see my frame. I Have put fixed constraints to the lowest (ground) points.

I defined my loads and when I press simulate an error pops up saying:

Solver
Failed to get results.

This is displayed in attachment 2. I'd like to know what causes this problem, maybe I build my frame wrong or i forgot to specify something?

Best regards,

Tom 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
henderh
in reply to: tom.rummens

Hi Tom,

Does this happen on your machine for any Frame Analysis solve, or just for this particular model?

i.e. can you generate results for a single beam with a simple profile (such as rectangular or circular) with just a fixed constraint and gravity?

If the solve failure is just for this particular model, could you post up the assembly so we can take a closer look?

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 5
tom.rummens

Hi Hugh,

I tried it with a single beam with no succes. 

As attachment you'll find the simple beam.

Regards,

Tom

Message 4 of 5
henderh

Hi Tom,

By the way, which version of Inventor are you using?

We had a similar issue back in the R2011 timeframe, but the error was "Failed to connect solver."  Which was discussed here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/failed-to-connect-solver-Frame-analysis/m-p/2903570#...

I suspect that something didn't register correctly during the installation process.  Would you be able to try an uninstall / re-install to see if it cures the issue?  It is very important to install using Administrative privileges, turn off UAC, and disable any firewalls and anti-virus before and during the installation.

Another possibility is that your anti-virus or firewall is prohibiting some action of the solver.  Perhaps you can try disabling these if present, re-start Inventor and try solving again?

Please let us know the outcome.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 5 of 5
tom.rummens
in reply to: henderh

Hi,

I'm currently using Autodesk Inventor 2012. I'm not really shure about the version. I tried shutting my firewall off with no result. I'll try to reistal the software as soon as possible. I'll keep you update about the result. 

Thanks in advance.

Tom Rummens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report