Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Found a solution for Huge .Step File Sizes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DeerSpotter
7366 Views, 3 Replies

Found a solution for Huge .Step File Sizes

1. open .step

2. save as .ipt (i only did this as .ipt might work for .iam)

3. save as catpart

4. start new part

5. import catpart

6. delete new sketch and translation report.

7. save as .ipt

8. convert .ipt to sheet metal.

9. right click on folded metal

10. copy.

11. Go to IExport (expect error)

12. Right click Flat pattern.

13. Save copy as .sat

14. open .sat seperatly.

15. save .ipt after cleaning up feature tree of unwanted new sketch and translation report.

16. Host a party because part file size is significantly smaller.

i wish someone could write code for this šŸ˜•

(using inventor 2010 / routing)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: DeerSpotter

Post example file to be used to walk through these steps to verify your solution.

(post your end solution file as well)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DeerSpotter
in reply to: JDMather

since i cant share any company files, can you provide me with an example and ill post up the shrunk step file in .ipt format.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 4 of 4
DeerSpotter
in reply to: JDMather

But as a little something:

a 66,524kb file just between CATPart conversion/translation and back to part got me to 56,692kb

and no details were removed.

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report