Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern with parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Zoltan78
218 Views, 3 Replies

Flat pattern with parts

Hello!

So, I have an assembly with a sheet metal part and a lot of pressed studs, spacers, weld nuts. I'd like to do a flat pattern with these parts in it in order to give their positions to manufacture, because they have to be pressed and weld in flat pattern phase, before bending.

Is there any easy way to do this (instead of saving flat pattern as SAT and insert every components again)?

Thanks,

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: Zoltan78

The only way would to to do would build a table with letter callouts with assigned pem or weld nut. As far as I know there is no way as of now to do what you ask. This is not a normal practice..

Message 3 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

You could try making an iPart and using an unfold feature.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 4
Zoltan78
in reply to: mrattray

Thank you very much! This method would work, I mean, I tried unfold sheet metal and return to assembly and every components are remained in its constrained place. My only problem now, I could make an iAssembly, I've made an iPart, but I can't set iAsm1 to use iPart1 and iAsm2 to use iPart2. I remember I could select in a previous version of Inventor which assembly should belong to which part in the Table, but now I'm stuck.

Zoltan

Software: Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
CPU: Core i5-8600K
RAM: 2*8Gb
VGA: GTX 3070

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report