Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat pattern on weldment drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
meck
1081 Views, 6 Replies

Flat pattern on weldment drawing

I have a weldment which includes a sheet metal part called sPart. I want to show a detail of the flat pattern of sPart on the weldment drawing and still be able to balloon the flat as the part of the weldment. So I clicked to add base view and selected sPart from the Preparation dropdown list under the Model State tab of the Drawing View dialog box. The problem is I cannot find an option for using the parts flat pattern.

Is this feature not available or am I missing something?

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: meck

I don't think you can get there from here, You would need to create a new base view selecting the individual sheet-metal part and then selecting the "Flat-Pattern". You might be able to get the Balloon to use the Sheet by selecting all views on the sheet.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
karthur1

The weldment is an assembly.  The flat pattern representation is only available for sheet metal parts. Your sPart... it is a sheetmetal part, right???

When you open the sPart, is there a "Flat Pattern" node shown in the browser on the left? If it is, you could place a base view of the sPart on the weldment drawing and you should be able to select the flat patten view then.

Does that help at all?

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1 (update1)
Vault Basic 2013, SP1

Message 4 of 7
meck
in reply to: karthur1

That's what I was trying to do but the option for placing a flat pattern is not there.

sPart is a sheet metal part that is welded in the assembly.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
Message 5 of 7
japike

The option for a flat pattern isn't available when making a view from a weldment. You have to make the view from your part file.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 6 of 7
JDMather

@meck wrote:

That's what I was trying to do but the option for placing a flat pattern is not there.

Post screen shot if you can't figure it out, or better yet, the assembly and drawing.

I just tried it and it worked fine with my files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7
blair

Sounds like the "Flat-Pattern" hasn't been created in the IPT part file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report