Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Pattern units problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
621 Views, 6 Replies

Flat Pattern units problem

As stated in my first post, new to this program. I am having problems showing the right unit when I do my Flat Pattern Length and Width in the Customs tab of Iproperties. It shows up as CM but when I am in the model view and right click on flat pattern and then click extents it shows inches. When I go to my BOM it converts the 204.34 cm's to inches by simply making the 204.34 cm's into inches so it's a 17' long piece instead of the 6' or so piece it is......

This is driving me nuts so any help is appreciated. And yes, my units for the part are set to inches.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: Anonymous

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14467542&linkID=9242019

that is for IV2010  I assume that is the one you are using if not please list which release of Inventor you are working with.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 7
Daniela_Koloszko

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry we are on Inventor 2011, that patch won't work I am assuming for that reason? I'll see if there is one for the 2011 version of Inventor. Thanks!

windows 7 64 bit

Inventor 2011

8gb

Dual Core 2

Message 5 of 7
Daniela_Koloszko

For Inventor 2011 you do not have to apply a patch. The patch is only for version 2010. You just need to follow the solution I have given above. There is also a video attached in the solution which shows you the steps to solve the problem.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

That did the trick thanks, so I guess it was just the difference between entering the "flat pattern width" and "sheet metal width"

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Daniela_Koloszko

Yes, after Inventor 2010 we introduced new variables for the flat pattern extents which allow you to use the units you wish.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report