Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flange sizes missing from Content Center

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CADlineCloud
1550 Views, 6 Replies

Flange sizes missing from Content Center

Hi, 

I'm sure this must have come up before, but I have a customer who is using ASME B16.5 welding neck flanges, and he is confused that for classes above 300 (600, 1500 etc) there are no sizes above 12". The 2009 ASME standard he is using says that 24" is allowed. Does anyone from Autodesk have any information on what happened to these sizes?

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
WillieArolf
in reply to: CADlineCloud

Hi,

I do have the same sentiments on this matter. Wondering if any from Atuodesk can enlighten us about this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 3 of 7
Jefkee
in reply to: WillieArolf

They did not cover the full scope or there is a size that needs to be calculted for ordering ( in example slip-on flange DN1200 PN25 acc. EN 1092-1 it's thickness needs to be calculated individual) so this will certainly not be included in the librairy i guess.

Inventor 2013
Message 4 of 7
WillieArolf

But at least they should put the standard sizes.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 5 of 7
BeKirra
in reply to: WillieArolf

I started to use Inventor from v2009 and what I can see is that autodesk is moving slowly.

It only solves a few issues on each release.

So be patient and wait to see "IF" it will be updated on v2015. If not, wait till v2016 released.

I rememdered someone said "Autodesk does not sell Inventor to make the world a better place, they sell it to make money." on a post in this forum in a couple days ago.

Properly no-one can argue with it.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 7
cadman777

Gentlemen,

Find attached sine scans from my NAVCO Piping handbook for ANSI B16.5 pipe flanges.

Maybe you can use this data to expand your CC WN Flange library?

I used it and it worked for me, although I had to fudge a few non-critical dims to get the job done.

Hope this helps ...

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 7 of 7
cadman777
in reply to: cadman777

Here's another source of apparently better info than the NAVCO ...

http://www.texmet.com/TMWcatalog.pdf

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums