Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillets not working on lines in sketch mode

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
3ddrafter
814 Views, 4 Replies

Fillets not working on lines in sketch mode

I am using Inventor 2012 and have recently experienced a problem with the fillet not working correctly. I have a curve and a straight line that connect and when I select fillet it will allow me to select the curve but not the straight line. I have been able to do this in the past with no problems. Does anyone have a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: 3ddrafter

Attach a file here that exhibits this behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
inchul.lee

Hi 3ddrafter,

As JDMather replied, please attach a screenshot or a file that demonstrates the issue.

In the meantime, please check if the curve and the straight line exist on the same sketch. You may need to project it before trying to select it to create a fillet.

Inchul Lee
Message 4 of 5
3ddrafter

Here is the file that I am having problems with. I have tried a new drawing and there was no problems so it must be this file. The problem is sketch8 under Extrusion8.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Well, this is an interesting problem.

If I edit Sketch1 I cannot add fillets, so the problem is there from the beginning.

But -

the entire part is modeled in a very unconventional way.

Sketch1 is not making use of obvious symmetry about the origin which means extra work.

Sketch1 does not have any dimensions - yet if dimensioned, the dimensions are perfect.  How can this happen?

Most of the sketches are not constrained.

Shell feature doesn't make sense - shell is usually done early in the modeling process as it is global (effects the entire model).

I recommend you read this and then start the part over.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report