Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
bcrowell
Message 1 of 1 (147 Views)

Fill Volume revisited

147 Views, 0 Replies
12-20-2011 04:51 AM

I am posting an original assembly- this was thrown together as an example of the issue I am having, but it is not as complex as the actual (confidentially limiting) assemblies.  We model them to have space for weld gaps, etc, and I need a way to find an exact volume.  Hopefully this will at least give some insight.  This is something I have posted about before, and I have tried the tutorial on the oil pan volume, which is great except for that my assemblies need a lot of stitching between components that I have yet to be able to figure out, because they don't always intersect nicely.

How do I make this assembly watertight so I can use the oil pan method of finding the volume, subtracting out all internal components and matching exactly the contours of the outermost assembly components?

Inventor 2013 (SP2 Update 2), Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), SP1, Intel Xeon 3.07GHz CPU, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 2000, Vault Basic 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube