Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill Volume revisited

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
bcrowell
289 Views, 0 Replies

Fill Volume revisited

I am posting an original assembly- this was thrown together as an example of the issue I am having, but it is not as complex as the actual (confidentially limiting) assemblies.  We model them to have space for weld gaps, etc, and I need a way to find an exact volume.  Hopefully this will at least give some insight.  This is something I have posted about before, and I have tried the tutorial on the oil pan volume, which is great except for that my assemblies need a lot of stitching between components that I have yet to be able to figure out, because they don't always intersect nicely.

How do I make this assembly watertight so I can use the oil pan method of finding the volume, subtracting out all internal components and matching exactly the contours of the outermost assembly components?

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report