Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File name does not match title bar name

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1033 Views, 5 Replies

File name does not match title bar name

Has anybody come across this...

I have two assemblies in a project directory.. When you open one of them, the name on the Inventor's window title bar is different than the actual file name. The other is fine.

See attachment.

No big deal but I thought I was going crazy when I thought I had typed the file name wrong.

Inventor 2008 SP2....
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dan_inv09
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the assembly and edit the top line of the browser. (Slow double click the type what you want.) I think you can even edit it in the parent assembly but then it won't affect future instances.

Changing the filename does not change this. There was some discussion about this a couple of weeks ago.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks. Didn't think about looking in the browser. Must've got in there by mistake at some point with my fat little fingers and changed the name by mistake.
Message 4 of 6
dan_inv09

Or you may have made the mistake while saving it the first time and renamed the file to fix it. It only reflects the initial save.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

There is actually an "assembly tools" add-in that will correct the browser names.
Message 6 of 6
AndyWallace

For Assemblies, the add-in can be accessed under the Assemble tab, Productivity, Rename Browser Nodes. Select filename (selecting default resets things). What's really insidious is that the browser node AND the title bar show the same thing, which can differ from the filename and cause confusion, especially with Vault based "copy design" files. Inventor should default to filename always. Maybe I should file an Ideastation post on this. Note: this problem exists on Presentations and Drawings and the tool is not available there. Also, my company has default templates set up which force us to do this rename every time we save a drawing. Andy
Andy Wallace
Autodesk Inventor (2016) (3 years)
previously Solidworks (6 years)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report