Inventor General Discussion

G.Lorje
Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

File Migration

139 Views, 1 Replies
08-08-2012 05:12 PM

We recently upgraded from 2012 to 2013.

I set up a task in Task Scheduler to migrate one of our working folders to migrate to the new version.

When I open a part or any other file from that migrated folder and save it I get the attached message.

The message states the file has been migrated. Why do I need this messge?

Or has the file been migrated?

I little confusing. Can someone enlighten me please?

cheers

Grant

Employee
ChrisMitchell01
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: File Migration

08-09-2012 05:44 AM in reply to: G.Lorje

Grant,

You only get that warning message on a first save in the new version. If your migration task worked correctly then you wouldn't be seeing it. An easy way to check is to Rt click on an ipt file in Explorer, go to iProperties & then look at the Details tab; it will tell you the last version it was saved with. If it doesn't say 2013, then that explains the warning message.

You should be able to look in the log file from the task to see why those files didn't get migrated.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Engagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube