Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature note for internal involute spline [drawing environment], IV2010 Pro

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Steve_Bahr
2686 Views, 5 Replies

Feature note for internal involute spline [drawing environment], IV2010 Pro

Is there a feature note for internal involute splines, similar to the hole feature note?  Design Accelerator created my spline so quickly [once I figured how to use the dang thing], and now I can't take advantage of it in the drawing environment?  Phhhhhht.

Or how about a table?  My part has two different involute spline specs; a table would be great.

Steve Bahr...since 1962.
Steve_Bahr
in reply to: Steve_Bahr

Surely I can't be the first person to ever ask this question?

Steve Bahr...since 1962.

Hi! I guess there isn't an automated solution here. Would generic table or Excel table with the spline spec data help?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
bobvdd

Hole notes and involute splines are two completely different areas of the Inventor code.

Sure it would be nice to have one single general note to treat both but that is not available today.

A couple of suggestions to annotate involute splines.

Export the results of the involute spline calculation to a htm or mht file (top right icon which says "Results")

You can link this htm/mht file in your idw. If you keep the same file name, you can make sure that the drawing remains up-to-date when the assembly changes.

An alternative is to copy and paste the table you are interested in from this htm file and save it to an Excel spreadsheet.

Like Johnson mentioned, you can create a generic table in Inventor and include the information of any xls into that table.

See image attached where I only included the dimension table from the involute spline report.

Bob

435iA3C64984A2C9FF80

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 6
Steve_Bahr
in reply to: bobvdd

Thanks Johnson, Bob.  I'll check out your ideas in my application.

Steve Bahr...since 1962.
in reply to: bobvdd

I know this is an old post but am hoping there is a better method of adding the relevant spline data to a drawing other than a static "copy & paste"? Being fixed text, this is the same as creating a drawing table and manually typing the data in. Any updates to the part and the user (could be a new user) doesn't do the manual update and presto a 1000 splines are made all wrong!

Surely a better solution would be to embed the data in the part file and then access that data on the drawing?

Hoping someone chimes in with an active/live method.

PDMC 2021
Inventor Build 353 Release 2021.3.3
Vault Pro 2021 Build 26.2.24.0, 2021.2.1 Update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report