Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
sgreene
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

Feature Control Frame Edit Unit Attributes Use Standards Notation

133 Views, 1 Replies
04-03-2012 03:57 PM

Autodesk Inventor 2010 - How do I set default for "use standards notation" to off or unchecked in the "Edit Unit Attributes" dialog box for feature control frames? I want to do this because the Feature Control Frame style unit setting does not override it as I believe it should. This causes an extra value within the tolerance box of the feature control frame if the Standard General units differ from the style’s primary units.

Product Support
dave.anderson
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)

Re: Feature Control Frame Edit Unit Attributes Use Standards Notation

04-06-2012 07:15 AM in reply to: sgreene

I had a look at your image, and since you have your Inventor Project option for "Use Styles Library" set as no, you'll need to make the changes you want (if possible), and then save this drawing as a template. You can either replace the default Standard or save it as a new file in the Template folder structure.

When you start a new drawing and use this template, those changes should applied.

Dave Anderson
Premium Support Analyst – DLS Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

If I have answered your question, please "Accept Solution" so others may benefit as well.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube