Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to open NX 7.5 part and assemblies in Inventor 2013 SP1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
steinar.sorem
475 Views, 2 Replies

Fail to open NX 7.5 part and assemblies in Inventor 2013 SP1

Hi. Invenotor 2013 SP1 fail to open prt- files. I have testetd a lot of them. Also tested wtih different load options in Inventor Open dialog. After i click Open button there is nothing going to happend. In Inventor 2014 it went on to Loading in the statusbar, but no model on the screen. In Inventor 2015 RC it works well.

How do i am going to get this to work in 2013 SP1?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Dear Steinar.sorem,

Probably the problem could come from the version of Unigraphic used to saved the last time the native files you try to open in Inventor 2013 (and 2014).

According to the readme file of Inventor 2013, this version can only open *.prt version (up to) 3-8.0.

Inventor 2014 (readme file) should be able to open (up to) V13 - NX 8.5 version and probably higher in Inventor 2015.

It could be one of the reason you can open it in Inventor 2015 and not in previous release.

Hope that will help you.

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 3 of 3

Hi
Thanks for your feedbak, but no. Out NX version is 7.5 and i am able to open files from that version
from time to time...but not consequent.
>From my point of view there is something wrong with the translation in 2013 and 2014 og Inventor.
Anyway, i am not shure of that.
I can send testfiles if you need.

steinar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report