Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Bryan Shortall
Message 11 of 13 (191 Views)

Re: FILE IS CHECKED OUT BY ANOTHER USER

12-16-2004 01:45 PM in reply to: *James Robertson
I, too, feel your pain. I've noticed that this happens if I try to copy an assembly + its children using pack & Go. Also, any time I manually move a file from one folder to another using explorer, it'll do the same thing. It tells me that I can't check out the file because it's checked out to . . . me. hrmm... I have a feeling it's got something to do with the checkout file path not matching the actual file path, or something. It is kinduva pain, and I wish I had a better solution than just stealing the checkout from yourself, but hopefully this at least gives you a reason why this might be happening. Good luck and happy trails. -Bryan "James Robertson" wrote in message news:41c0046b$1_3@newsprd01... > Could anyone tell me why on ocassion Inventor tells me that the file I am > working on is checked out by another user and that I cant save the changes. > I find this a bit bizzare as I am the only person in the office using > inventor although it is installed in other machines. > > I realise that all I have to do is steal the checkout, but I would really > like to understand why it does this. > > Cheers > > -- > James Robertson (Media Manager) > > Zeroth Technology Ltd (ZERTECH) > Unit 11 Blackburn Ind Est > Kinellar > Aberdeenshire > AB21 0RX > > Tel: +44(0) 1224 790330 > Fax: +44(0) 1224 790430 > > Web: www.zertech.com > >
lrgoodger
Message 12 of 13 (119 Views)

09-26-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: *Bryan Shortall

This issue is becoming a real pain for me.  Some how, I have two user names.  I went into tools/application options and in the General tab I changed the username to LRG so it would put the correct thing in the blanks on the drawings.  Now sometimes stuff I check out is checked out to LRG and sometimes it is checked out to Rgoodger (also me), which is what it was using for me before I put the LRG in.  There must be another place to set the user name, but I cannot find it.  I hope it is not something that was put in during installation that cannot be changed without re-installing.

*Pro
jletcher
Message 13 of 13 (113 Views)

09-26-2012 07:38 AM in reply to: lrgoodger

Try This...

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.