Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAMILY TABLE AND VAULT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BDUB2012
351 Views, 2 Replies

FAMILY TABLE AND VAULT

Inventor 2013. I have completed a part file with a family table defined in it. I check this part into vault. When I search for this part in vault it seems like it has taken the part number and the description from the first line in the family table and assigned it to the main part file. To me this is confusing because it looks like there are two items that are the same. Is this the way it is supposed to work or am I missing something.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: BDUB2012

That is only the member name.  What it did was fill in the property of that name.  The file name should not have changed.

Can you post a screen shot of the factory table?  You call it a familt table when it is really called the factory table.  The family table term is used within the content center editor.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
BDUB2012
in reply to: BDUB2012

The first line of the ipart table is: Member PART ONE, Part Number 001, Description DESC-1

When checked into vault I thought I would see a line that showed IPART TEST with Part Number and Description blank. With a IPART TEST folder that contained the ipart table configurations that had the Part Number and Description filled out.

But what I see is a line that shows IPART TEST with the Part Number and Description filled out with the Part Number and Description of the first line in the IPART TEST table.

This is confusing when doing a search in vault for either the part number or description because you get two search results with either search criteria.

Wade Robinson
Burner Drafting
Callidus Technologies by Honeywell
7130 S. Lewis
Suite 335
Tulsa, Ok. 74136
Main: 918-496-7599
Direct: 918-523-2369
Wade.Robinson@Honeywell.Com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report