Inventor General Discussion

the.mad.rooter
Message 1 of 2 (602 Views)

Exporting XYZ file of solid / surface model in Inventor

602 Views, 1 Replies
08-02-2011 10:41 PM

Hello,

I have developed a 3d model of a physical model I have been working with, I now need to export an XYZ table at various point densities.  Could someone please point me in the direction of an internal Inventor function or a suitable 3rd party application which is capable of essentially digitising the surface of the model.

The Inventor model file is in .ipt format and I need XYZ coordinates and to also extract edge lines / breaklines to use in 3rd party CFD software.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 2 (599 Views)

Re: Exporting XYZ file of solid / surface model in Inventor

08-03-2011 04:25 AM in reply to: the.mad.rooter

Inventor Forum

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube