Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Content Centre Favourites

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mikejones
2575 Views, 9 Replies

Export Content Centre Favourites

Is it possible to export content centre favourites?

I have a number of parts marked as favourites from our custom CC library. I have created folders and sub folders for the various items, nuts, bolts, washer, steel sections and piping parts and would ideally like to be able to export the setup in much the same way as exporting the 'Application Options' out to a XML file. This can then be imported into other machines creating a list of favourites for all users.

Any ideas on doing this or isn't it possible??

Autodesk Certified Professional
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: mikejones

Mike,

This is a great question.

It looks like there is not a really good way to backup the favorites in content center.  The best option currently looks to be copying the favorites into another folder within the CC.  I know my department has this same issue.

What I did is take a screen shot of the favorites so I at least know what I have saved.  This looks like it would make a great idea.  See the idea I posted and add your kudo support.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Ability-to-save-Content-Center-Favorites/idi-p/43...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
cbenner

Do you mean you created a folder called Favorites, in your Custom CC? Never Mind, I see the Favorites button now.,... D'OH!

Is this a local Content Center?

I think the only way you could do something like this would be in a shared library or a Vault Content Center... where everyone has access to the same folders.  You could re-create it on each machine, but you'd be doing it from scratch each time.

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

Chris,

I agree with you, but I am pretty sure that the initial favorites creation has to start on one machine.

Mainly because you have to RC on the component and select "add to favorites".  Then move it to a group location that everyone can see.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
mikejones
in reply to: Cadmanto

We're using a vaulted CC library.

The Issue really came to light recently when I had to change workstation and lost the favourites folder structure that I hd initially created and thus had to go through the process of re-creating it again; see screen shot attached

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Message 7 of 10
Cadmanto

Wow, that is nicely organized.  I can see why you wouldn't want to lose that.

When I posted the idea I never thought about folder structure within the favorites, but that is somethng that should be considered when being backed up/saved.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 10
dwweekly

C:\Users\....username....\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Content Center\Settings\

copy this entire directory

copy and paste from machine to machine

enjoy!

Message 9 of 10
jacoj

Hi John.

did you managed to get this sorted,

pretty much got the same scenario, also work on the Vault libraries,

and also would like to re use my favourites, and set up fellow co workers to access the favourites form other users machines as well though vault.

Message 10 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: jacoj

Nope, nothing has really changed.  You might want to post a comment under the idea I posted the link for in my first posting.  Then add kudo support for it.  That is how ideas are built and formed.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report