Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploded View

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hebrewhammer103
647 Views, 2 Replies

Exploded View

So I'm not too familiar with Inventor, but I'm working on a project for some people and I'm using Inventor 2011. I basically made a box with some exterior parts on it in an assembly and now they want certain things inside that box. My plan is to use a work plane offset with the side of the box and extrude it a certain distance to hollow the box out but keep all 6 sides. Then, I will either assemble or constrain the new part on the interior of the box.

Firstly, will this work? And secondly, if I do this, can I see an exploded view of the interior components to show that there is something inside of it? I remember playing around with the exploded views once, but we used boxes with doors, basically, so the door would come off and then everything inside would come out. Will it work if this piece is inside a box with no movable panels?

Thanks,

-Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: hebrewhammer103

Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, based on what you described, you can do what you are looking to do (assembly wise).

If you are not familiar, there is a shell command that you can use to hollow it out.

Then to create your exploded view you will need to create what is called an IPN file.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
hebrewhammer103
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate the help. I remember the shell command, but I haven't played with it on this project yet. I managed to get the exploded view animated, so all is well.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report