Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Subscription - Inventor Hangs on startup screen

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
622 Views, 12 Replies

I have Autodesk Inventor 2013 Design Suite. Everything has been working fine until my subscription ran out. Inventor has been hanging on the startup screen since then (this may just be a coincidence) most of the time it take between 15 minutes to 30 minutes to open. When it does open everything works fine. Any ideas?

System is

Windows XP Professional x64

Version 2003

Service Pack 2

Intel Core Duo CPU

2.98 GHz, 8.00 GB Ram

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

I would contact your VAR and ask them about this.  Even if your subscription is up you should still be able to use the software.  Are you looking to renew the subscription?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 13
JDMather

You did create a Windows Restore Point when it was first installed and verified to be running correctly, right?

Simply go to that Restore Point.  (that is what I do)

The problem should not have anything to do with your subscription unless your VAR installed the software and figured out some sort of programing magic.  I doubt your VAR could pull something like that off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 13
Lance127

Make sure that Inventor isn't trying to log into Autodesk 360. That will mess  you up if it  is and can't connect.

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Just restored from an earlier date - did not help

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Lance127

How do I check that?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Lance127

I have never signed up for the Autodesk 360
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

With Autodesk Inventor off - I go to a .ipt file and try to open it. Inventor startup screens starts but when it gets to Checking License is when it is hanging - this morning it took 1 hour to open the file - nothing else is open

Message 9 of 13
Cadmanto

Like I said in my last posting.  I would contact your VAR to see what their perspecitive on this is.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I did, they said my subscription has expired and suggested I look on the discussion group
Message 11 of 13
Paul-Mason

Have you tried a repair install and then reinstall all the Hotfixes and Sps, also try disabling you AV program and any Malware programs. It may be that an update to one or more of you AV & AM programs is causing this.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Have disabled AV, Firewall and all Malware programs. Am going to remove program and reinstall
Message 13 of 13
Cadmanto

Make sure you do a Clean Uninstall before reinstalling.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report