Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors on modifying parts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Heavyathan
512 Views, 6 Replies

Errors on modifying parts

Hello.

About a month ago more or less I'm experiencing many problems when modifying parts measures, adding extruxions or doing holes/threads.

Always same error: Operation doesn't produce a significant result. Redefine inputs

If Inventor is totally closed and reopened, I can modify and update parts without problems for 10-30 minutes, until first error, then it gives errors until closing again. Usually, but not always, operation preview begins to fail before first error. So it's quite difficult to reproduce.

I've tried uninstalling everything after Autodesk installation, windows updates and Firefox plugins (well, even Firefox itself) included. I've tried all hotfixes and updates that Inventor 2013 gives (NO SP1), even I've fully reinstalled Inventor. I've been using Inventor from Inventor 7 and never seen such errors.

1.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I've attached a part from the pictures. Anyway, as errors are not always happening, maybe you won't have any problem with it.

PD: Also, a little problem is that with this Inventor version I can use the CTR+c CTRL+v to copy parts into an assembly. I can use the context menu but no shortkeys.

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013 (Installed yesterday, so with all official updates)

Windows 7 64bits Proffesional SP1

Intel(R) Xeon CPU W3565 @3.20GHz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

8GB RAM

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Heavyathan

Service Pack 1 will hopefully be re-released within the next few weeks.

In the meantime there is an update that may fix some of your problems: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Thanks for showing this issue! Unfortunately, I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior on my end. Based on the images you provided, it seems like the modeling operations (hole or extrude) fail for no apparent reasons. The true preview is not correctly shown which already indicates something is wrong.

Could you confirm the following statements?

1. It can be reproduced on R2013 RTM without any patches occassionally.

2. It cannot be reproduced on R2013 RTM with all the updates available so far.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
Heavyathan
in reply to: johnsonshiue

It happens very often on R2013 with all updates.

Right now, i'm not able even to do a simple frame because all frame elements gives error on its extruction

1.jpg

Message 5 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! If you can post the files exhibiting the behavior or send them to me, I will take a look and see where the problem is.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Heavyathan
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Of course.

Anyway it's so randomly that I think you won't be able to reproduce.

I'm working side by side other 6 workmates and I'm the only with those problems. We work against a local server, where parts and assemblies are saved. So, I'm almost sure that it has something to do with any Windows, Adobe or .NET update. For that I formatted my Workstation.  Could be possible to use any report tool you use as debbuger, or something like that to give you all information I can?

The next example: A plate with some operations. It gives me errors on doing anything. If I try to rebuild it, all operations fail with the typical "Operation doesn't produce a significant result. Redefine inputs" (see pictures):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Message 7 of 7
Heavyathan

Hello. Some research.

Yesterday I noticed that some files in the project i'm working were huge heavy. Simple plates with a couple of holes that loads 50 MB, a pipe from a frame that loads 80MB meanwhile the rest of pipes are about 133KB, and so on.

I didn't find the reason of this enormous load. Strangely, new parts I designed happens the same sometimes.

I did two things: Each part with this excess of MB I applied the History compression. That repaired the size of the files.

Then, thinking about the reason, I re-migrated the whole project to R2013 again.

Also, I uninstalled all Windows, NET, and rest of updates. I uninstalled FireFox, Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash, etc.

And now my Inventor is working properly.

My last updates are:

Safety Update for Microsft Windows KB2744842

Update for Microsoft Windows KB2741355

Revision for Microsoft Windows KB2679255

Service Pack for Microsoft Windows KB976932

Service Pack 3 for Office 2003: MAINSP3

Update 2 for Inventor DL20082900

I'll update my software slowly paying attention if in any point my Inventor turns unstable again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report