Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer's Notebook

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
507 Views, 6 Replies

Engineer's Notebook

Do any of you use the Engineer's Notebook to any significant extent? I am mostly concerned about what impact (if any) that use of the Engineer's Notebook may have on performance, especially large assembly performance. Also, if you have the time, I'd be interested to know how you are using the Engineer's Notebook. Thanks, Blane
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I use it to attach O-ring info (Size, squeeze etc) to the groove in the .ipt file. -- Cory McConnell Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I use it quite a bit to record design info. I have not seen any performance issues. Bill "BTBeilke" wrote in message news:406057f1$1_3@newsprd01... > Do any of you use the Engineer's Notebook to any significant extent? I am > mostly concerned about what impact (if any) that use of the Engineer's > Notebook may have on performance, especially large assembly performance. > Also, if you have the time, I'd be interested to know how you are using the > Engineer's Notebook. > > Thanks, Blane > >
Message 4 of 7
jorgen

I once tried to use it to store scanned pictures of datasheets of components.

But even if I made small jpeg-pictures, file size of ipt exploded.
(acually it increased equal to a the inserted picture, but in bmp-format).

So I guess pictures are converted to bmp when used in the engineers notebook, which is a shame, because the file-sizes became unbearable for me at the time. I used E-mail and modem for that work.

But I have not tried it in the latest versions. Things might have improved.

One thing I successfulle used Engeneers notebook for was calculations.
I'd make some calculations with mathcad, and paste it into the notebook.
If I later doubleclicked on the mathcad Object, it started mathcad and let me edit my notes and calculations.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Have not noticed a performance hit. I use it to communicate with my customers. (Notes pointing to parts or areas to talk about.) I wish it would allow me to edit that first line of text with the user name and date in it.
Message 6 of 7
cbell1007

Next question; is there a way to view all notes in the Enginners notebook and print them all out at once to be used as a manual in production?

Message 7 of 7
MikahB

Would really love to see Autodesk give a little development love to this feature.  I've used it sporadically, but it could be much better with just a few UI tweaks to get it up to modern(ish).  I have not typically done any image attachment, but honestly if it handled that well (no file size blowup) it could be really useful.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums