Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss is offset from sketch-Bug

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gcross
902 Views, 8 Replies

Emboss is offset from sketch-Bug

I edited a sketch for an emboss to move the number over. But the resulting emboss still acts like I din not make the edit.

Anyone know what's going on?

Gary

Embossed Sketch issue.jpg

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: gcross

Can you post the offending file...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
gcross
in reply to: blair

Blair,

Here's the file...let me know what you think problem might be.

Thanks,

Gary

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: gcross

Rebuild didn't work.  This is weird.  I changed the dimension on the sketch back to "0", the sketch went back to where I assume it started,... and the emboss moved that same distance to the left!  So the sketch and emboss are still off one another by that distance.....  just in the other direction.  Still playing.....

EDIT:

I tried redoing the emboss one section at a time.  The 801 will STILL not follow the sketch.  Some other lines of text are acting weird too, the emboss is not following the word wrap of the text, instead it extends right straight off the edge of the part.  I've never seen emboss do this.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 9
blair
in reply to: cbenner

I might be inclined to split up the decal with the boarder and each section as it'sown emboss rather than trying to emboss everything at once.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: blair

I'm not at my Inventor computer to check the file, but will an Extrude or Extrude to surface work?

I never use Emboss unless needed to Wrap to Face and that is limited to cylinders and cones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: JDMather

Extrude did the exact same thing.  I did find that sketch2 for the base extrusion, is completely messed up. The entire sketch was purple, like it was made from projected geometry that was no longer available.   However, fixing that did not correct the emboss errors.  The sketch for the emboss almost has to be the source of the problem.  It is not fully constrained, and tere seems to be random points in it that are dimensioned, I have no idea what those dimensions are controlling.  I'll try to rework this sketch and see what that does.

Message 8 of 9
cbenner

Fixed all the sketches, and it still did it.  BUT:

Once I put text boxes on each text entity in your sketch, the emboss followed the sketch perfectly.  So simple it was the last thing I tried.

Message 9 of 9
gcross

CBenner,

Yes,  I think changing sketches so they have text boxes is the way to go.

But it's harder to dimension the text with a text box, expecially if the text changes.

I used to have projected geometry in this text sketch from the line work in aonther emboss so I could line things up .

I tried to get rid of all the projected geometry & a few things got left in.

Not everything is contrained since it's a WIP.

Thanks for everyones help!

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report