Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational version to Licenced version (.IDW plot stamp removing)

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
n00kie.tdc
1983 Views, 11 Replies

Educational version to Licenced version (.IDW plot stamp removing)

Hey Autodesk Users,

When I was a student I was doing my internship at one Company and after accomplishing it I got emplyed there. I was drawing some stuff for my final project in educational version. But now Company bought licenced version of Autodesk Inventor and pretty often I use some parts, which I've drawn in educational version.

The question is asked probably thousand times, but I haven't found any solution to it. So I am asking once again, maybe there is some kind of add-on which can recognize if version is licenced and therefore can delete this stamp "PRODUCED WITH AUTODESK EDUCATIONAL VERSION" in .idw files?

It is not a big deal for us, when we are using our drawings internally, but when we send drawings to the customers or our suppliers, that bothers us and puts our reputation to the question.

Waiting for suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Vadim.

Autodesk Inventor 2019
Running on Dell Precision 7720 laptop:
Core i7 6820HQ
16 GB RAM
Quadro P3000
Widnows 7 PRO, 64-bit
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: n00kie.tdc

nope you can't get rid of that watermark

you have to recreate everything in the commercial licensed version

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: DarrenP

Technically that company is breaking the "law" by allowing the use of the educational software files in a commercial setting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 12
JDMather

@n00kie.tdc wrote:

that bothers us and puts our reputation to the question.

Vadim.

...and puts your company in significant finacial jeopardy.

Get rid of all edu content.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 12
n00kie.tdc

Thank you all for responses. We already started to re-draw all the content in licenced version and finding components again in the web. But it is just weird. We haven't been using Educational product in the Company, but it was just me finding some components on the web and then jsut saving them on my computer at university and then just using these files at work. I haven't even been making any changes or anything to the files just saving them and that means educational software was contributed into the company work. Sounds weird, but we agreed on the licence so just have to redo all that all over again. Waste of time again...

But thank you! Now just redrawings all those components and changing assemblies with new parts. Going to take some time 😃 

Autodesk Inventor 2019
Core i7 6820HQ
16 GB RAM
Quadro P3000
Widnows 7 PRO, 64-bit
Message 6 of 12
ampster402

n00kie.tdc wrote:Now just redrawings all those components and changing assemblies with new parts. Going to take some time 😃 

believe this...it's better doing that than facing a lawsuit of some sort.

Message 7 of 12
n00kie.tdc
in reply to: ampster402

True, no argues. Actually almost finished redoing all those files. So everything now is without those plot stamps. Have a good day everyone, and by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Smiley Happy

Autodesk Inventor 2019
Core i7 6820HQ
16 GB RAM
Quadro P3000
Widnows 7 PRO, 64-bit
Message 8 of 12
n00kie.tdc

I was wondering, I have redrawn all the files in licensed version, but whenever I am opening assemblies, the seem to be fine. No educational files are inside. But whenever I am opening .IDW files and trying to print out working drawings or making .pdf out of them, or actually when I am just opening those .idw files they still seem to be infected with educational plot banner. Does it mean that I have to redo the .IDW files also from the very beginning?

Autodesk Inventor 2019
Core i7 6820HQ
16 GB RAM
Quadro P3000
Widnows 7 PRO, 64-bit
Message 9 of 12
ampster402

any file type that was created in the education version will need to be redone, so yes, you will have to redo those also.

Not good news I know.

Message 10 of 12
Mrmice
in reply to: ampster402

I've exactly the same problem.

I think this isn't right I made the drawings when I was still studying.
So these drawings are mine!?!

Now I have to redo this drawings just because of a stupid bug.

Message 11 of 12
Lance127
in reply to: Mrmice

It isn't a bug it is operateing exactly as planned. The whole intent is that you can't use a free version of the software to make money.

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
Message 12 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: Mrmice

@Mrmice wrote:

So these drawings are mine!?!

Did you read the EULA (terms of use) for your free software when you were a student?
Pretty basic stuff (intellectual property rights) usually covered during professional study.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report