Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit dropp down menu hotkeys.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
8wr_zj
475 Views, 6 Replies

Edit dropp down menu hotkeys.

Is there any way to edit these underlined letters "hotkeys" in the inventor drop down menus?  Having to add lots of leader lines and such to multiple weld symbols get old.  Or is there a way to make a key alias to do this?  I have not been able to find where this is done in inventor.  Ive done it many times in CADD.

Thanks

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Tools \ Customize... Keyboard tab, you can create and modify keybaord hotkeys for just about anything you want to do in Inventor.  Have fun with it.  This is also where you make changes to the Ribbon and Marking Menus.

Message 3 of 7
8wr_zj
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you for the reply.  I am familiar with changing the alias of a command to what ever you need it to be.  I have even changed around the marking menus and ribbon a bit as well.  What i am talking about is i have a welding symbol placed in an IDW.  I RMB on the symbol and get the drop down menu.  The different commands have underlined letter in them.  In CADD i use this for my snaps and changed the menus hotkeys so i t would make for fast selecting the snap i wanted per snap over ride commands.

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 4 of 7
cbenner

@8wr_zj wrote:

Thank you for the reply.  I am familiar with changing the alias of a command to what ever you need it to be.  I have even changed around the marking menus and ribbon a bit as well.  What i am talking about is i have a welding symbol placed in an IDW.  I RMB on the symbol and get the drop down menu.  The different commands have underlined letter in them.  In CADD i use this for my snaps and changed the menus hotkeys so i t would make for fast selecting the snap i wanted per snap over ride commands.

So you're talking about editing the context menu for a specific command?  As in this picture, you would want to change the underlined "P" in properties to something else, or add other commands to this?  Is this correct?

context.png

Message 5 of 7
8wr_zj
in reply to: cbenner

Yes, you nailed it good sir!  Either that or have a command alias to change the context menu keys to hot keys...if that makes since.  Instead of clicking the symbol and then selecting the context menu command.  Just press a hotkey.  I looked through the customize tabs but i did not find a add vertex/leader command. 

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 6 of 7
8wr_zj

Anyone have any suggeations on how to accomplish this?
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 7 of 7
cbenner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report