Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate materials in Sheet Metal Rule styles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jeff.noel
552 Views, 3 Replies

Duplicate materials in Sheet Metal Rule styles

So I'm in the midst of redoing my Sheet Metal Rules, and custom materials, since the update to 2013 kind of destroyed that.  I created a new material library, to house all of my custom Materials in.  I set it to be the only Material Library in the project, so now when I open up a file in that project, I only see my Custom material list, and that works fine when I go into the iProperties as well, the material list shows up correctly.

But when I go into the Styles Editor, and go to add my new custom Materials to my Sheet Metal Rules, the list of materials is shown in duplicate.  I have attached a couple of screenshots of me opening the iProperties, and the Sheet Metal Rules in the same file.

If I open up the material editor, everything is only listed once.  Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff.noel
in reply to: jeff.noel

So I have an update already.

Right after I posted, I went ahead and started assigning the first instance of the material to the appropriate Sheet Metal Rule.  As I did that though, I noticed that each time I saved the sheet metal rule with a new Material, it would add more duplicates.  I am up to several dozen duplicate materials in my list now, not just the two like the previous image.

And now, I have assigned a material to probably about a dozen or so Sheet Metal Rules, and it isn't allow me to save any of the other sheet metal rules I need to update.  I'll keep looking into this, but it seems connected to the other problem I am having.

Any insight would be great, as this is quickly becomming a pain.  Not only did this updated Material/Appearance make me lose my old materials, and cause error messages to pop up every time I open an old file using my old material, it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Message 3 of 4
Jon.Dean
in reply to: jeff.noel

I will have a look at this issue and if I can reproduce, then I will log the issue with development.

I will let you know.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 4
Jon.Dean
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Just to let you know that I confirm the problem with the Sheet Metal materials being duplicated and I have logged the issue with development.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report