Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driven constraint in assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kmckenney
341 Views, 3 Replies

Driven constraint in assembly?

I have used a driven contraint in a sketch.

Can that also be done in an assembly?

In one assembly I want to make one angle half of a driven angle.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: kmckenney

Not quite sure about the terminology in this question because you don't have constraints in an sketch...

Do you mean a driven dimension?

Assuming you do, see my response to your other question.  You can get the value from the driven dimension and pass it to an assembly constraint using a slight modification to the iLogic I posted earlier.

Peter
Message 3 of 4
kmckenney
in reply to: pcrawley

Thanks pcrawley. I will learn iLogic and give that a try.
Message 4 of 4
t_stramr
in reply to: kmckenney

Hi,

You don't have to use iLogic to create dependency between two assy constraints. Each constraint modified (Offset or Angle) is represented by Inventor parameter. If you edit an existing constraint just hover your mouse cursor over Offset edit control and tooltip will display the parameter name. For example if you have offset value e.g. "3 in", the tooltip will show you something like "d2 = 3.000 in". D2 is a parameter that can be used as an input for other constraint. So if you need your other constraint to be a half of D2 just put following equation into angle edit box "=d2/2.0" or "=0.5*d2". To see all existing parameters in your document start "Parameters" command under menu "Manage". You can edit them or create new custom parameters an use them as input for any dimension.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report