Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive constraints/Contact Solver/Adaptivity

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pompeo79
5475 Views, 5 Replies

Drive constraints/Contact Solver/Adaptivity

Hi,

just a strange behaviour in my assembly.

Can an adaptive part (non involved in the drive constraint animation) bother the contact solver?

I have an assembly, with only one adaptive part, i have activate contact set for other 3 parts (not the adaptive part), activated contact solver and drive the constraints, but in the animation contact solver doesn't work at all.

So, i have tried to move manually the assembly (suppressing angular drive constraint) and the contact solver works fine.

If i suppress the adaptive part the driving constraint and contact solver work perfect.

So i wonder...  adaptive part can annoying the contact solver funcionality?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
t_stramr
in reply to: pompeo79

Could you please share your assembly? It is hard figure out the real situation without seeing your document.

If it is possible, try to minimize the assembly, so it contains minimal set of components where the issue is still reproducible. I will take a look with our solver expert.

Thanks,

Robert

Message 3 of 6
pompeo79

Hi Robert,

thanks for support.

Here the link to download the compressed assembly and files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrzanjmlcqadjdm/Test%20Assembly.rar

(Inventor 2014)

There are:

-a basement

-a red part (completly fixed) (contact set part)

-a green part free to rotate on his axe (contact set part)

-a yellow part, adaptive, not involved in the movement study

>With Contact Solver activated drive the "DRIVE ME" constraint in the red part

> no contact at all with the green part during the animation of the constraint

>Now suppress the yellow part (adaptive part), and repeat the animation of "DRIVE ME" constraint.

> Contact Solver works fine now, and reveals correctly  the contact beetween red and green part.

Looks clear that the yellow adaptive part, not involved at all in the animation and neither a contact set part, bother the Contact Solver.

This happen only if there is an adaptive part not suppressed in the assembly.

Hope that you can help me in this.

Thanks again Robert.

Message 4 of 6
pompeo79

Robert what do you think so? Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 6
t_stramr

Hallo pompeo,

After discussion with our solver expert it was confirmed that this issue is a bug. We found out that this issue was reported by two customers(including you) for last few years, so the issue seems not very critical. Thank you for your support, your simple assembly allowed us to identify the source of this issue quickly. Its up to management to decide when the fix will be available for customers. I mean in service pack, hotfix or in the next release.

I know that my answer can't directly solve your problem, but until the fix is not ready you should avoid using adaptivity in combination with contact set.

Thanks again,

Robert

Message 6 of 6
pompeo79
in reply to: t_stramr

Thank you Robert for giving an answer to it.

Thank you guys all of the team for working on these things for make Inventor better every time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report