Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings not update with ipart usage

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Karol-Or
373 Views, 1 Reply

Drawings not update with ipart usage

I made a drawing, inserted a base view and selected an ipart member, in the Model State tab of the Drawing View dialog box.

Now i made a change in the model, one that is enabbled in the ipart member, one that i should see in the drawing, but i don't see the change. the drawing represents the part as i inserted it at first.

How to update?

Now i found a workaround, i edited the view, chose the active member, which is the previosly selected member, now it updated, but the center lines became pink. now i changed back to the firstly selected member and it updated, but i am sure there is a better way

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CCarreiras
in reply to: Karol-Or

Hi!

When you are making iParts, the family is created in the first save.

Then, when you make a change in the iPart Family or in one member, you have to "force" generate new files with the change youn operate.

You can do that with "generate files". (You can select only one family member, but for security select all the family members, for samall iParts the time consuming it's almost the same).

1.png

Now the file exist with the new edits, and the drawing its updated.

Tips:

Try to make the changes always in the first member of the family (if possible).

Always do the generate files after you finish all edits... and then save the final version.

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report