Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
spawn510
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

Drawing with Representation in Presentation File

109 Views, 1 Replies
07-29-2011 06:51 AM

Good morning,

I've looked in the forum for this one but can't find anything. Surprised though....

I have an assembly file with different representation. I made a presentation file (ipn) with that assembly.

First, is there a way to select a representation (Level of detail) in a presentation file. From what I can get in the forum, the answer is no. Ok.

Second, is there a way to select a level of detail of an assembly that's been put into a presentation file, into a drawing. I'm trying to avoid needed to always hide component I don't want when I make a drawing. Especially since my model already uses up 11gb of ram when I open it up (and I only have 12gb).

Thank you

Distinguished Mentor
rdyson
Message 2 of 2 (97 Views)

Re: Drawing with Representation in Presentation File

07-29-2011 08:43 AM in reply to: spawn510

Yes, you can link an explosion to a LOD or View Rep (I'm assuming that the link updates with the iam if associative is ticked). "Options" in the create view dialog.

You can create drawing views based on ipn explosions

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube